Thursday, January 12, 2012

Puka Beach, Boracay Island, Philippines

Puka Beach, Boracay Island, Philippines

Have you heard of the famous Puka shells? Well, you just found the source! Puka Beach is located on the northern tip of Boracay Island, province of Aklan. Accessible only by a tricycle ride from the main road or via boat ride.  It is far away from the busy and crowded White Beach. At some point you will find yourself enjoying the beach all to yourself!    
Boracay Island Map
Map Source: Wikipedia
I don't enjoy going to places during the peak season. Well, that's just my 2 cents, I enjoy places better when I'm in my element, when I can enjoy the place in my own private time.  I went to Boracay on the month of October which is their off-peak season, my birthday present to myself!Smiley   I booked an island hopping trip but they won't go to Puka Beach because of the strong waves.  But I'm stubborn, I met an adventurous mom from Manila and we decided to rent a sailboat for a day and specifically asked for Puka Beach! Oh, we so loved it!!  

Puka Beach, Boracay Island, Philippines
the beach all for myself.... priceless! Smiley
Puka Beach, Boracay Island, Philippines

The sand here may not be as white as White Beach's but it has its own magic!  Well, it's white sand mixed with Puka shells!! Check out what you will find along Puka Beach's shoreline:
Puka Beach, Boracay Island, Philippines
Puka Beach, Boracay Island, Philippines


on the right picture you will find searock formation on the beach:
Puka Beach, Boracay Island, Philippines Puka Beach, Boracay Island, Philippines
At the opposite side of the Puka beach is Romblon (left side of the picture), according to our guide with a good wind you can sail to Romblon in 3 hours from Puka Beach.
Puka Beach, Boracay Island, Philippines Puka Beach, Boracay Island, Philippines



Puka Beach, Boracay Island, Philippines
The locals also put some stalls to sell their shells and other stuff for the tourist. They also have a restaurant with a reasonable price!


Next time you visit Boracay, don't ignore Puka Beach!! A MUST visit!! Smiley 


Check also my blog of other must see places/beaches in Boracay:
- Cystal Cove / Laurel Island
-White Beach
-Tambisaan Beach
-Diniwid Beach










Pin It


38 comments:

  1. I like Bora kasi smooth white sand ... I get easily wounded sa paa e

    ReplyDelete
  2. I practically used to live in Boracay. Awesome place. Try out seawind resort and the Juice bar and Siam Chilli! Awesome places to go to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow living in a paradise! Thats awesome! Ok will try seawind resort next time!

      Delete
  3. me too I don't want to spent my wandering there if it is a peak season, great photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks crisair for enjoying the photos! ;-)

      Delete
  4. ang ganda ng Puka shell.pwedeng decorations.I love the beach scene,refreshing and relaxing .It's more fun in the Philippines talaga

    ReplyDelete
  5. Witiwiw at your bikini shot. :D Boracay is indeed lovely! And I'm not a peak-season tripper too, maganda pag off season haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks May!!! Yeah pag off season solo mo na, Mas enjoyable and Mura pa! ;-)

      Delete
  6. Sarap naman gumising sa ganito kagandang tanawin. Been seeing those puka shells before ngayon ko lang nalaman yun pala ang tawag dun - puka shells! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been to this part of Boracay! So lucky of you to have the beach to yourself. An awesome birthday present!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure to go there next time you visit Bora!! Well worth the extra trip! ;-)

      Delete
  8. wants to include boracay in my itinerary, i'll have to wait for the air seat sale.. heheheh..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to be there, boracay

    ReplyDelete
  10. we didn't go to this part of Boracay... this is really interesting! Very nice pics! thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Puka Beach could be another hide-away place for moneyed/traveling fellas. The place is placid and it is far from those populated beaches in Boracay. How I wish I could visit the place. In fact, I've never been to any beaches in Boracay. The beach that I've gone to is Dakak Beach in Dapitan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't been to Boracay yet, but i'll definitely take note of Puka Beach. Btw, love the photos! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's more Fun in the Philippines! Boracay is a gift to us FIlipinos. Beautiful pictures you have here. The water is just heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the recommendation! I'd love to be there with my family and hopefully, as peopleclear as that too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is amazing! i am a beach lover but never been to boracay... am planning to visit very soon...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice photos. I wanted to visit Boracay. I never been there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow iluv the photos! and the beach OMG adik aq sa mga ganito:) looking forward to be here soon;;;;

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG! what can I say, OMG! THis is where OMG came from.. I love those S's = sands, stones, and seashells

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow! How I love the shells on the shore not to mention the sexy lady. hihi

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful beach. I wish I can go there too

    ReplyDelete
  21. I still haven't been to Boracay. One of my dream destinations. Lovely shots of the beach. God bless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. haven't been to bora. i really want to go there, esp. there at puka beach.

    ReplyDelete
  23. puka shells i love, thanks for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been in Bora. But when friendster change the whole website all my photographs are delete. The photographs are stunning. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very nice photography! Not just the photos in this post but also in your other/older posts. It refreshes my eyes, tnx for that! LOL. Hope I can visit Bora, too. My bf is not a beach fanatic so we don't invade and include PI's lovely white sand beaches much. I done it before in Samal Island 15 minutes away from Davao (where I live) but not with him, I was with my friends. Lovely to meet you! Keep posting, you done so well! Wish I could reach the places you've been. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very nice photography! Not just the photos in this post but also in your other/older posts. It refreshes my eyes, tnx for that! LOL. Hope I can visit Bora, too. My bf is not a beach fanatic so we don't invade and include PI's lovely white sand beaches much. I done it before in Samal Island 15 minutes away from Davao (where I live) but not with him, I was with my friends. Lovely to meet you! Keep posting, you done so well! Wish I could reach the places you've been. Cheers!

    http://misexperienciaspersonales.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. the plans to go to that enchanting island took a back seat three years ago when i found out i was pregnant with my son, but boracay is still in my bucket list + i dream of threading its lovely white shore with unshod feet, with my little man in tow. hopefully i can also drop by puka beach to stow some puka shells for my souvenirs collection ^_^

    love your photos, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  28. great shots! i've been there too. if you want to stay away from the crowded bora, puka beach is the place to go...

    ReplyDelete
  29. You make me wanna go to there now. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really wanna visit the place! hopefully this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  31. never been to puka but have been to boracay far too many times over the past 10 or so years. next time we visit, we'll definitely visit puka beach.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I also love the beach in bora and aside from that the food. I've been there once and it has been a very fun experience. I will definitely go back there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Puka is wonderful. I was there in August. White Sand beach had been hit by a typhoon the week before and was about three feet short of sand. Puka, on the other hand, was untouched. I swam in it for an hour. Very hot, though, in the middle of the day. Tried the squid at the one restaurant there afterwards. Best I had while in PH. Anybody know the name of that restauraunt?

    ReplyDelete
  34. Puka beach is said to be the best place to shoot an event for wedding and the likes, because of the scene - secluded and peaceful. :)

    ReplyDelete